Administrative Manager of Foundation
TITLE: Administrative Manager of Foundation
PROFILE SOURCE: Administrative DEPARTMENT: Development/Foundation REPORTS TO: Development Officer
o Exempt X Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $24.03-$26.44
Performs overall administration of the Foundation and provides executive level administrative assistance to the Foundation Board. Responsible for managing key finance tasks: Records, reviews and tracks all income/expenses for the Foundation and prepares key finance reports for Board and external accountant and auditors. Serves as principal Foundation database administrator. Responsible for arranging monthly Board meetings, as well as other meetings as necessary. Prepares and distributes minutes, committee reports, and all documents of interest for Board meetings. Keeps all Board of Directors records and communications current. Acts as point of contact for Foundation communications.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Performs advanced administrative services related to the daily functioning of the Foundation. Prepares correspondence and reports as requested by Board/committees. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Acts as principal database administrator for Raiser’s Edge NXT. Timely gift entry and acknowledgement. Develops and prepares reports on received income.
- Prepares weekly and monthly revenue reports, as well as annual, five and ten year cash budget projections submitted to the Finance Committee and external bookkeeper/accountants as requested.
- Prepares and records payments for Foundation and Operations expenses. Develops and prepares monthly reports on expenses.
- Takes a lead role with the Finance Committee and outside auditors to prepare and submit information for the annual audit. Updates, distributes, and oversees an annual timeline of information submission dates to keep the audit process on target. Disseminates the audit results as appropriate.
- Maintains Foundation records, updates and filings of required IRS and State documents, including the 990, the State of Florida Annual Report, and the Florida Solicitation of Contributions Annual Renewal. Serves as the Charity Navigator representative to maintain a current profile, and coordinates posting required information on the website as needed.
- Researches and prepares documents for new Board Members and maintains Board handbook updates.
- Attends assigned committee meetings; prepares meeting notices, agenda, and minutes.
- Assists with grants documentation as needed.
- Provides administrative assistance to Board President regarding Board of Directors to include meeting notices, attending meetings, and preparing minutes, maintaining Board List and statistical data. Coordinates Annual Board Meeting.
- Coordinates background screening compliance recordkeeping with BGCCF with the goal of 100% compliance by Board members and volunteers.
- Assists in resolution of phone, internet, copier and printer issues.
- Coordinates contract renewals and repairs with Operations staff and the Facilities Committee.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
- Works closely with Human Resources to pull confidential historical records.
- Supports the Finance Committee Chairman on key reports and analysis for the Board.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Manager to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation, and direction. Maintains contact with Finance Committee and other staff or volunteers to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of donations. Maintains contact with the Gala Committee during active season to ensure they have up to date access to information and resources Maintains verbal and written contact with staff members at all levels.
External: Maintains contact with Board Members, volunteers, donors, general public and volunteer committees.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field from an accredited college or university, or professional administrative certification desired.
- Minimum of three years nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience in managing the daily finance tasks for an organization and preparing financial reports for management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write and prepare professional correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of the following software: database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally need to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.