Caregiver/Residential Living Assistant
Full Job Description
Pay starts at $15.00, increase to $17.00 once you complete the paid Online MedTech Program and Certification (must be completed within first 30 days) and increase to $17.50 after 90 days of service.
6PM - 10PM = Additional $0.50 per hour
10PM - 6AM = Additional $1.00 per hour
Retention & Referal Bonus after 90 Days
Residential Living Assistants assists in the daily living activities (feeding, bathing, bathrooming) of each person and guarantees the needs of the disabled individual are met and exceeded. This position provides formal and informal active treatment (training and engagement) on a daily basis.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screenings.
- Must be able to read and write in the English language.
- Must possess the ability to professionally communicate with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Preferred: CNA Certification or experience caring for disabled populations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Sits, stands, walks, bends, lifts and stoops intermittently during working hours.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Involved with disabled individuals, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset person supported, family members, etc.
- Speaking and hearing when receiving instructions and conversing with others
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours when necessary.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Subject to odors throughout the work day.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Reading and accurately recording information.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., throughout the work day.
The following are the essential functions of this position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation:
- Implement written training and service programs while participating including positioning programs in continual meaningful active treatment throughout the day while offering a variety of choices to each person supported and upholding each person’s rights.
- Provides persons with sensory stimulation in an effort to increase individual awareness of the surrounding environment.
- Teaches basic and advanced self-help skills to person supported while providing basic care such as bathing and toileting.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with person supported while implementing teaching and or assistance of activities of daily living, leisure and recreational activities.
- Participation in laundry duties as assigned by keeping clothes clean and assisting person supported in sorting clean and dirty clothing, checking closet and room for soiled clothing.
- Launder clothes according to manufacturer’s suggestions and return to the person’s room, hanging neatly in the closet or folded in drawers.
- Provides all dining-room support service functions while following facilities policy and procedure in accordance with sanitation procedures as well as abiding by all established portion control procedure.
- Participation in making authorized substitutions with the established menu.
- Assist person supported to consume food, drinks, and supplements in accordance written dietary plans.
- Assist individuals in their prescribed therapeutic position, range of motion, and gross motor programs.
- Must practice basic body mechanics when lifting and handling individuals at all times.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed and accurate (including behavior data, program data, incident reports, etc.).
- Ensure that the environment is clean, safe, and sanitary by: vacuuming, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash and or waste, cleaning and sanitizing the bathrooms and common areas, bedrooms, checking and cleaning up any spills, as well as participating in cleaning windows, walls and baseboards as scheduled.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and trainings as assigned.
- Follows organization policies and procedures for incident reporting.
- Communicate any issue concerning persons supported to the appropriate person such as Nursing, RSS, RM, Dietary Manager, Day Program Supervisor or QIDP.
- Compliance in all OSHA and EPA regulations, Federal, State and agency policies and procedures.
- Uphold professional standards such as appropriate work attire, calm demeanor and flexibility with a variety of work assignments.
- Reports any conditions within the facility that would have the potential to compromise the safety of the person supported such as a hazardous environment, infection control issue, or an environmental safety concern. Enter all work orders timely.
- Work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
All staff working in client homes are required to wear mask, face shield/goggles and follow social distancing and cleaning procedures. Staff are periodically COVID tested. COVID vaccine is available to all staff as healthcare workers.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Candidates must be able to pass a background screening and drug testing. No experience required (company willing to train).
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Job Type : Full-Time