Public Relations Intern
JOIN "ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST PR AGENCIES," ACCORDING TO FORBES MAGAZINE
Accepting applications for:
• Summer semester interns: May - July (Application Deadline: April 10)
• Fall semester interns: Aug. - Dec. (Application Deadline: July 1)
• Spring semester interns: January-April (Application Deadline: Dec. 15)
Why you wanna intern here:
• Intern at one of America’s Best PR Agencies, according to Forbes magazine
• Previous interns highly rate Axia's internship program.
• Previous interns have gone on to work at Axia and Home Depot, Quicksilver, and other brands.
• Axia's internship program will introduce you to the creative, fast-paced, and results-focused professional PR agency environment.
• We encourage telecommuting.
• You'll have the unique opportunity to train and learn from Axia's very talented and highly ambitious PR agency team.
Internship minimum requirements:
• At least 15 hours per week
• At least three days per week
• At least a 12-weeks commitment
• Alignment with Axia's core values: www.axiapr.com/core-values/
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Preferred internship qualifications:*
• Current college sophomore, junior, or senior
• Previous experience in public relations, journalism, marketing, or other related fields
• Familiarity with news media, social media, and/or web strategies and programs
• Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Ability to identify, cultivate, and craft news stories, news hooks, angles, and media materials
• Experience researching companies and PR issues and trends
• Previous LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tic Tok, and other social media experience preferred
• Experience using Google Docs
• Basic understanding of AP style and news writing
• High level of creativity within the real constraints of messaging, strategy, budgets, and deadlines
• Completing public relations training, including Hubspot inbound marketing and other certification
• Various "on-the-job" research, writing, and PR training, including writing letters, news releases, blog posts, and social media content
• Social media training, including updating and managing various social media channels
• Developing and implementing keyword strategies to increase ranking and traffic
• Evaluating and altering strategies based on a comprehensive understanding of analytics
• Building and executing link-building strategies to enhance off-page SEO
• Writing various articles covering topics and trends for Axia's and clients' blogs
• Providing feedback to other contributors and editing other writers' content
• Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation
• Contributing to long-form content projects such as e-books
• Conducting measurement analysis to improve PR strategies/tactics
• A proven process for real-world PR training
• Immediate opportunity to earn inbound marketing certification
• Weekly 1:1 mentoring conversations with your internship supervisor
• Midterm performance review and evaluation
• Final performance review and evaluation
• A reference letter or letter of recommendation
• Internship stipend of $100/month to cover internship-related expenses
(parking, mobile phone, etc.)
• Axia Public Relations produces award-winning, results-driven PR campaigns. Several prominent business journals and magazines have included Axia numerous times in their annual "Best Places to Work" and "Companies That Care" lists.
Axia interns succeed – this experience is a springboard to a rewarding career. You'll love training with Axia's team! If you are a smart, hard-working, rising PR professional up for a new, fun, and rewarding challenge, please apply today!
* Data shows that females sometimes pass on opportunities because they don’t feel they meet all the qualifications listed. Keep in mind, these descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. We want to hear from you if you believe you have the skills and drive!
About Axia Public Relations:
Who invests in Axia’s programs
Brands offering products, services, franchise, and investment opportunities in multiple geographic markets and vertical industries hire Axia as their expert PR agency.
How Axia helps
Companies leverage Axia’s news media, social media, and web content strategies and programs to increase visibility, trust, and consideration for their products, services, and experts.
Why they trust Axia
America’s most admired and fastest-growing brands turn to Axia. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies.
Send your best pitch as a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PDF files only.)
Optional: Send us three of your favorite work samples from your portfolio.
If it's a video or large media file, please share a link.
Please do not send large attachments.